Luna Display is available in two models: USB-C and Mini DisplayPort. This is a guide to help you pick the right model for your Mac.
Which Macs support USB-C?
USB-C is an option available on the most recent Macs. Here is a complete list of Mac’s that support USB-C:
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac (21.5-inch, 2017)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- MacBook Pro (2016 and later)
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (Late 2018 or later)
- Mac mini (Late 2018 or later)
Which Macs support Mini DisplayPort?
Most Macs after 2008 and prior to 2016 have Mini DisplayPort. Here is a list of Macs that support Mini DisplayPort:
- iMac (Early 2009 to Late 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Late 2008 to Mid 2015)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 to 2017)
- MacBook (Late 2008 to Mid 2010)
- Mac Pro (2009 or later)
- Mac Mini (Early 2009 to Late 2014)
How do I determine what model Mac I have?
Find out what year and model Mac you have by going to the Apple menu in the upper left of your Mac and selecting “About this Mac.” Inside the window that appears, you’ll see the model and year of your Mac.
Can I use an adapter?
No, Luna Display will not work with any kind of USB-C or Mini DisplayPort adapter. All of the adapters we have tested don’t implement Mini DisplayPort or USB-C properly, even Apple’s adapters. To guarantee reliable performance, Luna Display must be plugged directly into your Mac.
I’m still not sure which to get…
No problem, we’re happy to help! Please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll assist you.